In a new place, in a foreign country, in an unfamiliar environment, it can be difficult to know how to behave without giving offense. We have put together a few guidelines that will help you to find your way around.
- The center opens at 7.15am in time for the morning yoga class.
- The gate closes at 10pm at night. No visitors or guest will be admitted after 10 pm.
- You are welcome to have your meals at the center. Please inform the reception two hours in advance.
- Breakfast -8 am
- Lunch – 12 noon
- Dinner – 7pm
Observe the Five Precepts
- – During your stay we request you to abide by five precepts: no killing, no stealing, no lying, no sexual misconduct, no taking of mind altering substances (drugs, alcohol and tobacco).
- – For smokers: please smoke outsides the gates.
- – Intoxicated people/ guest will not be admitted to the center.
- Ganden Yiga Chozin Meditation Center cannot accept responsibility for lost or stolen property.
- – To keep your things safe, please keep your room locked when you are not there.
- – Do not leave any personal belongings unattended in common areas.
- – Do not bring any outside visitor to your room.
- Please do not bring any pets or tray animals into the center. We will not be able to accept you with a pet.
- – Dress comfortably and modestly. We recommend loose-fitting pants/ skirts and tops. Please cover your shoulder. Skirts and pants should reach below the knees. No sunbathing on the lawn (in order not to offend our Nepali staff and neighbors).
- – Wear shoes at all times when outside – simple slippers or flip-flops are okay. Walking barefoot brings all the outside dirt and pollution right into our most revered places such as our meditation hall.
- The Center is a quiet peaceful place.
- If you are listening to teachings or music, please do so with earphones only in order not to disturb the other guests and course participant.
- If you bring a musical instrument, it will have to be stored in the reception during your stay.
- Please do not wash your clothes in the center, as Pokhara is experiencing a water shortage. You can ask our staff to have it done for you at a charge.
- Payment for courses is due on arrival.
- Payment for accommodation up to one week is also due on arrival.
- Refunds are not possible.
We thank you for your cooperation.
The management of Ganden Yiga Chozin Center reserves the right to ask participants who do not follow guidelines as laid out above, or prove in other ways to be disturbing to the center and its guest, to leave the center.